Free Being Me Fund
Who is this fund for?
- WAGGGS Member Organisations (MOs)
- Groups of Member Organisations
- Component Associations (CAs) within a Member Organisation
(If applying as a regional group of Member Organisations, the application will need to come from one lead MO on behalf of all MOs involved.)
What is this fund for?
Free Being Me Fund aims to help reach more girls and boys with quality Free Being Me or Action on Body Confidence experiences by assisting with specific costs.
You can apply for funding support to deliver either Free Being Me or Action on Body Confidence, or both!
Here are some examples of costs which could be funded (this list is not exhaustive):
- Hire of training venue
- Printing Free Being Me / Action on Body Confidence activity packs
- Transport costs for volunteers to attend training
- Translating Free Being Me / Action on Body Confidence to your language
- Data Costs
- Licenced platforms for online training
Where is funding coming from?
The Free Being Me Fund is funded by Dove, through the global WAGGGS-Dove partnership
What level of funding can you apply for?
We suggest applying for any amount between £100 and £3,000 (GBP). In some cases we will accept higher funding requests but these will be agreed on a case by case basis, subject to strength of evidence for need of increased funding.
What is the timeline for applications?
The call for application will be announced in December of each year. All Applications should be sent by the end of day (UK time) every 31st of January. Final decisions will be released before end of February and contract signing will commence by March. Kindly note that the project’s calendar year has changed from January-December to April (of the current year)-March (of the following year). It is therefore important to keep this implementation timeframe in mind when drafting the annual funding proposal.
When will you find out if you are successful?
The Free Being Me team aims to make a decision within a month of receiving your application. You may be asked for further information about your application. It is possible that you will be awarded a portion of the total funding applied for.
If you are successful, how is the money paid?
There are three options:
- An invoice addressed to WAGGGS Trading Ltd for the full funding amount (WAGGGS can provide and invoice template)
- Evidence for each budget line requested in your funding application: This includes quotes from companies or individuals (e.g. for printing the activity packs a quote from the printing company) OR if you are unable to get a quote for a cost item, a detailed budget breakdown
Once you have sent these documents we will process the payment. Please note that the payment can take up to one month to reach your account.
How to apply
- Fill out the Application Form in English, Spanish, French or Arabic.
- including the MO Action Plan – this is your work plan and national strategy for rolling out Free Being Me or Action on Body Confidence. The level of detail submitted in this plan will help us assess the funding application.
- Email to email@example.com and cc in: firstname.lastname@example.org
When applying, please consider resources and opportunities you already have that you can contribute to rolling out Free Being Me or Action on Body Confidence in your MO (consider human resources, upcoming events already planned etc as well as financial resources). Where you can demonstrate ways your MO can contribute to the Action Plan, this will be looked on favourably when allocating funding.
What’s different about FBM Phase 3?
We have created a new, more representative and interactive version of Free Being Me summarised in this two pager here. This means the learning journeys for all age groups have been updated – and additional packs for those aged 15 years and older created.
We have also designed Free Being Me so that it be adapted to local contexts and delivered to co-educational groups of 20-30 young people, in person or online, at camps, events and in rural areas.